Chapter #1775 is one of the oldest organizations in Hawthorne. Our purpose is to raise money for Hawthorne projects, to support worthwhile projects outside the community and to hold informational meetings on topics of interest to retirees.
AARP Chapter 1775’s membership is in the Hall on Wednesdays from 10:00 a.m. until 11:30 a.m.
We hope you explore our website and find it helpful and informative.
Members’ Holiday Luncheon
AARP Chapter #1775 wants you to know that we appreciate our members. Here are the details of this year’s Members’ Holiday Luncheon:
- When: Friday, December 15th, 2023
- Time: Doors open at Noon – Serving starts at 12:30 p.m.
- Where: Clubhouse – in the main Hall
- Cost: This is a free event but you must have a ticket to be served.
The Details –
- This is a ticketed event – Tickets are free to Chapter members. If you are a 2023 or 2024 member of the Chapter, this luncheon is free. Stop by our table any weekday between 10 and 11:30 a.m. to get your free ticket. Tickets will be available until Thursday, December 7th unless sold out beforehand.
- Lunch will feature pinwheel and small sandwiches, chips, vegetable and fruit trays, cookies, punch, coffee and water.
- Entertainment? Absolutely. Ralph Chavez will be singing holiday songs. We’re pretty sure Ralph will be happy to have you sing along to your holiday favorites. Then, after the meal the Hawthorne Players have agreed to perform for us.
- After the meal there will be a short Members’ Meeting. The 2024 Chapter #1775 Board of Directors will be introduced.
- Door Prizes: Please stick around because after the play, we’ll be giving out door prizes. Make sure you put your name on the back of your ticket stub.
Happy Holidays to all.