AARP April TV Notes
April is Stress Awareness Month.
Time for spring cleaning starting with your closets. A messy environment can create stress. Learn about steps for decluttering and getting organized.
Learn a key mindfulness skill to combat stress. Meditation and mindfulness are really important. Breathe correctly; cultivate awareness; learn to master your emotions; learn about focusing attention and meditating; practice mindful listening for better relationships; live with a purpose.
Ready to venture out? Safely plan your road trip. Look for deals on food and lodging, keeping in mind covet cautions.
Thirteen things to throw away right now.
- Old magazines and newspapers and things you ripped out of them
- Keep only enough clothes to fit in your closet
- Kitchen accessories and towels
- Keep only things that have meaning or bring joy
- Throw out just in case stuff
- Duplicate, similar or blurry photos
- Bills and statements you can get online
- Actual trash, shred
- Damaged items
- Things with missing parts
- Extras and duplicate measuring cups, sunglasses, pens, purses, wooden spoons
- Stuff you never use: random spices, uncomfortable shoes, junk drawer, things you were given but don’t like
- Abandon hobby stuff
- Past phase, clothes items
- Anything expired
- Things that bring up bad memories
- Clothes that don’t fit
- Digital clutter
Questions? Or for more information, contact Barb Weese.